Belize - Belize News - Channel5Belize.com - Great Belize Productions - Belize Breaking News
Home » Crime » D.P.P. drops charges against accused robber
Dec 17, 2007

D.P.P. drops charges against accused robber

Story PictureHe was jointly charged with Conspiracy, Aggravated Burglary, and Theft in connection with a terrifying home invasion against businessman Derek Nisbet and his son back in July. Late last week, however, on the advice of the Director of Public Prosecutions, all charges were withdrawn against Hilberto Gallego. Gallego told News Five that he never had anything to do with the crime and was arrested solely due to a personal grudge by a high ranking police officer. Gallego says he intends to sue the Police Department. Meanwhile, charges are still pending against Jiovanni Lauriano and Dion Richards in connection to the break-in. Their case has been adjourned until February twelfth.


Viewers please note: This Internet newscast is a verbatim transcript of our evening television newscast. Where speakers use Kriol, we attempt to faithfully reproduce the quotes using a standard spelling system.

Advertise Here

Comments are closed